Post your hotlink here

:0

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Well, I wish I hadn’t brought that

For Christmas I chose to buy a John Lewis own make sewing machine, as I was starting a textile course next year. John Lewis advertised the sewing machine, as “if it was just as good as industrial sewing machines”, with a mixed plastic and glass fibre body, and an all in one “working” metal components. This sewing machine suited my needs for a long enduring, versatile product to carry me throughout the two years.

Modern Make sewing machines are designed to make the fabric glide through the machine on a chosen stitch, and at a fast or slow movement of your control of the foot pedal. But nothing was said about the over heating problem of this product.
Using the sewing machine for more than the duration of one hour, on and off, the body of the machine would heat up dramatically. This started causing a problem for the mechanics inside, as it would jam trapping the fabric on the inside of the machine. The electricity would also cut out as the fuse went, delaying the progress of the work and having a new fuse put in every time it happened.

I spent roughly more than £150 on this product; the designers must have picked up on this flaw in the design, or should have tested it durance for more than 1 hour and faulted any problems. Luckily, I a year’s grantee on the product to state the fault and get my money back!  

No comments:

Post a Comment